Monday, September 16, 2013

new to insanity?

Are you new to insanity? Do you know what it is? Have you seen it on TV?


For those of you that haven't I pulled a bio from Wikipedia


Insanity 
Insanity is a workout regimen similar to P90X in that it claims to improve fitness in 60 days through strenuous stamina training. Developed by Shaun T., Insanity's advertising emphasizes "max interval training", a method of exercising during which one works out strenuously for 3–4 minutes and then rests or "cools down" for approximately 30 seconds before starting the whole process over again. This is more intense than traditional interval training, during which participants alternate mild and strenuous exercise for roughly equal lengths of time. This program claims to promote noticeable results through core strength, as well as intense cardio training.
    See below Insanity trailer

















I had plans to try it with a friend of mine a few months ago and managed to get through day 1. Wow, was I ever sore! It didn't end up panning out I hadn't had my aha moment yet so I gave up on it.



I had my aha moment a few days ago when I stepped on the scale and saw how much I weighed, remember when I said i had always been heavy? I have but this is the heaviest I have ever been. I have felt more tired, and depressed than I h=ever have in my whole life, I thought it was due to me recently moving back home. Before my grandfather died he told me that everything in life is all persistence if i would stick to something and not give up I would be surprised at what I could accomplish. He wasn't talking about losing weight or dieting (he was referring to me going to school) but I think it applies. If you have the persistence to keep trying I believe that you can do it. I'm not the most athletic person (have you seen me? ) I don't work out and I'm not very coordinated, but I have something that alot of people don't persistence and with that I hope to take Shaun T's challenge and come out on top!





So today is the first day of the rest of my life, a more active healthy (and hopefully longer) life! So here I go wish me luck as I do my fitness test I will post my results when I am done








Love,
       Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment